Slip and fall accidents and trip and fall accidents occur every 30 seconds in supermarkets, shopping malls, restaurants, and other public and private places in the United States.
In Florida, landlords, businesses, and management companies have a responsibility to keep their premises safe. When they fail to do so, our Florida slip and fall lawyers or trip and fall attorneys work to hold them liable for any resulting personal injury and damages.
Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Accidents in Florida
A Florida slip and fall lawyer can tell you that slip and fall or trip and fall accidents occur for a wide variety of reasons. You may find yourself on a walkway or stairway. Perhaps as a result of poor lighting or a missing handrail, you fall. Cracks in sidewalks or poorly placed mats may cause you to trip. Or maybe you fell on a liquid or other substance left on the floor. All these are examples of conditions which most likely should not have existed but did as the result of the negligence of the owner or landlord. Your injuries and subsequent medical bills should be remedied by the at fault party, which is why you need a trip and fall lawyer.
Florida Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Reporting
Our slip and fall and trip and fall lawyer team has compiled a list of things to do if you or someone that you know has been injured in a Florida slip and fall or trip and fall accident:
- Save the evidence. Taking pictures where the incident occurred is important because the area where you fell may change or be cleaned.
- As soon as you can make a report to the manager or owner and make sure you both complete an accident report which you should always receive a copy.
- Try to get the names of any witnesses who may have been present when you fell.
Florida Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Claims
In Florida when you are injured as a result of a slip and fall or trip and fall as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to the following:
- Compensation for physical pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Past and future lost earnings
- Compensation for past and future permanent physical disability, such as a limp, scars, permanent back or neck injury, death, loss of a limb
- Compensation for emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety; grief and emotional suffering
- Compensation for loss of love and companionship caused by the accident
For more information please contact the Florida slip and fall lawyer team at Bernheim & Dolinsky, L.L.C. at 1-800-474-4089 or contact us online.
Free, no-obligation case evaluation. No fee unless you recover.
Home and hospital visits.
Experienced lawyers helping clients nationwide.