Some patients that have suffered from depression or anxiety disorders have been prescribed Lexapro (escitalopram). Recent studies have shown that there may be a connection between Lexapro and other SSRI antidepressants and serious birth defects. It has been reported that women using SSRI antidepressants such as Lexapro during pregancy have experienced the potential tragic side effect of giving birth to children with serious congenital birth defects such as:
- Lung defects
- Gastrointestinal defects such as Omphalocele (infant’s organs protrude outside of body in area of naval)
- Heart defects – atrial septal heart defects, ventricular septal heart defects (holes in walls which separate the chambers of the heart)
- PPHN – Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of Newborns – could cause shock, brain hemorrhaging, kidney failure, damage to organs, seizure disorders, death
- Aortic Stenosis
- Club Foot
- Cranial Skull Defect – Craniosynostosis
- Esophaegeal Stenosis
- Anal Atresia
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Heart Murmur
- Gastroschisis (abdominal wall defect)
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Pulmonary Atresia
- Spina Bifida
- Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF)
- Truncus Arteriosus
- Mitral Valve
- Valve Problems
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Transposition of Great Arteries
It has further been reported that Lexapro has also been prescribed to smokers as a smoking cessation aid.
If you or a loved one used an SSRI antidepressant such as Lexapro during a pregnancy and gave birth to a child with a congenital birth defect concerning the heart, abdomen or lungs please contact Bernheim and Dolinsky, LLC today at 1-800-474-4089 or online to discuss the particular facts of your potential case. Our experienced pharmaceutical drug attorneys will discuss your potential case and explain what we can do for you.
Please call us today for a free consultation. Our Lexapro attorneys handle cases on a contingency fee basis meaning that there are no fees or costs unless you recover money for your damages.
Additional Dangerous Drugs that we handle:
|Additional Dangerous Drugs pages|
|Dangerous Drugs Home||Dangerous Drug Lawyers||Dangerous Drug Injuries|
Our attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your calls or emails in regards to a potential case. When you call, you can speak with a product liability or personal injury attorney who can communicate with you in English, Spanish and French Creole.
For more information please contact the personal injury attorneys at Bernheim & Dolinsky, L.L.C. at 1-800-474-4089 or contact us online.
- Free, no-obligation case evaluation. No fee unless you recover.
- Flexible appointments.
- Home and hospital visits.
- Experienced lawyers helping clients nationwide.