Unpaid Overtime Wage Attorneys
The unpaid overtime wage attorneys at the national firm of Bernheim Dolinsky, LLC can help cheated workers from across the United States recover back-pay for overtime wages they earned but were illegally denied. FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act) is the body of laws put in place by the federal government to ensure that America’s workers are paid fairly for their labor. Under FLSA, non-exempt employees must earn “time-and-a-half” (1.5 times their regular hourly rate) for every hour they work which exceeds a 40-hour work week. However, many employees aren’t aware that they are entitled to overtime pay, and unscrupulous employers across the nation take advantage of this to illegally deny them their rightful pay. If you believe you have been illegally denied overtime pay, we encourage you to contact us for a free legal consultation.
Common Overtime Wage Violations
Many employees believe that they are not entitled to overtime pay because they are paid on a salary basis, but this is not necessarily the case. In fact, this is just one of many overtime pay myths many employers rely on to avoid paying their workers for overtime hours. Other common grounds for overtime pay violations include:
- Misclassification of employees as exempt from overtime pay. Another common myth is that the title of “supervisor” or “manager” makes a worker ineligible for overtime pay. This is actually determined by the person’s job duties.
- Forcing employees to work “off the clock” to avoid overtime hours.
- Calculating average work hours over two work weeks.
- Denying pay for legally-mandated break time or encouraging employees to forego legal break times by eating at their desks or eating while they work.
- Requiring overtime hours to be pre-approved by management before compensating employees for those hours.
- Failing to pay employees for “on call” hours or for work-related training or meetings.
The above are just a few of the most common tactics employers take advantage of to illegally deny overtime pay. Our overtime pay attorneys have helped countless workers who have fallen victim to these and many other overtime pay scams recover the wages to which they are entitled.
Free Unpaid Overtime Wage Lawsuit Consultations
If you suspect that you have been illegally denied overtime pay, it is in your best interests to learn more about the rights afforded to you by the FLSA. Our unpaid overtime wage attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into your overtime exemption status to determine whether you may be owed back-pay or additional compensation. To learn more in a free and confidential legal consultation, please contact our overtime wage attorneys today.